Useful Links

BibleExpositors.com
Coming soon, information to help you get the most out of the world's most important book!

BibleGames.biz
Coming soon, who said studying the Bible couldn't be fun?

Apolgetic Network
Coming soon, an article bank for you to use to explain your faith.

Teleos: Discover your Destiny
Coming soon, a prayer board and other resources to help you discover God's plan for your life!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Serendipity

The first time I came across an internet marketer, I had one question. "So, you you are selling a course that, in effect, just teaches you how to sell the same course to other people?" She was honest enough to reply, "In effect, yes." Needless to say I didn't buy into her system, and the company she was an affiliate of is now long gone.

The world of internet marketing has a reputation akin to snake-oil salesmanship, and in many cases, deservedly so. I've gotten into trouble for comparing online forums to bad soap opera before. But that's part of their attraction - the same reason why people slow down as they pass a road accident; to gawp in disbelief at the mess that others leave in their wake.

That's not the whole story however. The high ethical standards and integrity of some of the players in the IM world amazes me. For the past week and a half, I've been working on a challenge with the good Dr. Mani. If you've never wisited his CHD info website before, take a good look. I've been very impressed with the initial results of what I've been putting together. So much so, that I'm working hard to continue and expand what I'm doing.

There's an odd verse in Ecclesiastes (ch.11 v.1) cast your bread upon the waters. There are plenty of people doing that on the Internet. But oddly enough, one of the sites I've come across when working on Dr Mani's challenge turned out to be a very successful general prayer forum run by another internet marketer I have a great deal of respect for, Eric Holmlund: a man who is uncompromising in calling things as they really are, rather than looking for short-term gain at the expense of his subscribers.

The experience had a profound effect on me. It was one of those moments when time stands still as you re-evaluate your priorities. I could see an exciting new dimension to my ministry online opening up in front of me.

That's serendipity - some might say coincidence, a happy accident. Others might interpret it as a Divine appointment - set up in advance. Me? I'm pragmatic. For it to have any meaning or value, the advice of another verse in the same chapter of Ecclesiastes has to be heeded: He who observes the wind won't sow; and he who regards the clouds won't reap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


STATCOUNTER